Wednesday, January 2, 2008

SNOW!

An evil-wind was brewing last night, just when I was thinking of going into town and checking out the Yoga class. I decided to curl up with a book instead. By 10, there was an inch of snow on the ground and it's still here this morning, blowing around and giving us a little spate of winter.

People don't go anywhere when it snows here in Tennessee. When the first flurry falls, everyone goes home and waits until it melts. It's just as well they do, as no one knows how to drive in snow here. Even with just a 1/4 inch on the roads, people do crazy things and end up in the ditches. So we stay home, make popcorn and put our Netflix DVDs in the player.

I was going to take the garbage to the dump and run errands. Now, I'll just hunker down instead. Time enough to do that tomorrow when I go to the oncologist's in Kingsport.

No comments: