Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snow Day Cancels Appointment

Rats. The snow last night was big, wet and sloppy. By the time I needed to leave for my appointment in Kingsport, it was sleeting on top of 3 inches of white stuff. Since I got a call late yesterday saying my records from UVA still hadn't appeared on the Kingsport fax machine, there seemed little point in risking the unplowed Tennessee highways to see Dr. Huddleston, who would need those records to figure out why I'm still having post-op pain. So, it wasn't meant to be, at least not today.

It's hard work trudging through that snow! Echo and I walked as usual, but it took twice as long. She had to sniff all the rabbit tracks, I had to concentrate on keeping my balance. A walking stick helps, turning my bipedal body into a tripod.

It's all melting now, and hopefully, this will be the extent of our winter. A little is nice. More than this is just annoying.

No comments: