Saturday, January 5, 2008

OK, Over That

Busy, busy, busy day. I guess I'm over being stunned.

Keith & I fixed the floor at Ray's house this morning. I'd say I helped, but mostly I just hovered and provided tools. I did try sawing the threshold bar with the hacksaw while he was stapling down the flooring, but that was definitely not something I can do yet. I could push the saw back and forth for the next year, but I have no strength to apply any pressure to make it cut through.
This is really going to put a cramp in the home improvement projects if this keeps up!

So I went to Walmart to pick up my tamoxifen Rx. That was a non-starter too. The insurance won't pay it without prior authorization from my physician (and just what is a prescription anyway, if not a physician's authorization to dispense drugs???), so that's all on hold until Monday.

Instead, I bought organizational shelving units for the closets--racks & drawers, for all the things I've been meaning to put away and had no place to put them away! The cost of the units about equalled all the money I got back from the latest batch of bras I returned. Perfect!

I'm off to Virginia in the morning with Echo. (She doesn't know we're going yet). I'm looking forward to a roadtrip, it's been almost 5 weeks since I've had "play-group" with the Plastic Surgery crew. Just another Monday spent with my shirt off in front of strangers. Onward.

1 comment:

Jayne Culberson said...

I just got back from visiting the folks over Christmas and I checked in on your blog. Big Big YEA! I am starting my 3rd year of tamoxifen. For me, it has been rather benign except the hot flashes intensifed a little.

Big Big Yea!