Saturday, January 19, 2008

Going "Dark"

I am waiting for this promised snowstorm. When it does begin to precipitate, the Internet will go down and I will be incommunicado for the duration.

I warn of this because I've gotten into a daily habit of writing this "Dear Diary", and apparently, so have many of you in reading it. If I don't post on a daily basis, someone invariably thinks I fell down on the mountain or have taken to my bed in despair. So, rest easy. The satellite just doesn't like moisture in the sky.

It is good to get away from the computer once in a great while. It's kind of like unplugging the TV during snow days and making the kids play board games instead. Or sending them outside during school vacations. A rest from the press of the tyranny of outside communication.

Dave tells me that this is what the kids call "going dark." My daughter does it all the time. She doesn't read or reply to emails, forgets where she put her cell phone or turns it off, and takes a break from all of it. I don't like it, but I sure do understand it.

Hope the sun is shining out there for the rest of you. I'll be back when the storm abates.

2 comments:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

You KNOW that you are making the storm stay away with your predictions!!!!!!

Stay warm!!!!!!! :-)

terry said...

Pam, I refuse to believe that there will be no blog for me to read. It sounds as if you're fully prepared for the storm...that means that the big storm will be a fizzle. Every time I fill up water jugs in anticipation of losing power, it doesn't happen; however, I can guarantee that when I forget to, there is not a drop to drink and I become incredibly thirsty after about 5 minutes of pwer loss and I have to start licking snow or eating icicles. Blog on!