Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008

I called Genomics Health in Redwood City, CA yesterday. My test results should be in Dr. DaSilva's hands by tomorrow. That means that I will know on Thursday what the numbers say, and whether chemotherapy is probably necessary, an optional possibility, or probably not going to be helpful. It pervades my every waking moment. Despite my self-imposed non-speculation caveat, I suspect that like everything else, I will fall into the no-woman's-land of "medium-maybe." I'll just have to wait and see.

The only antidote to worry and wondering is activity. I have plenty to do, so here's my list for 2008:

Clean out the basement
Finish all the started but unfinished scrapbooks
Write down my recipes
Sell all the extemporaneous STUFF!
Get the taxes done EARLY!
Spend part of everyday outside, breathing fresh air and exerting myself
Lose that last 20 extra pounds I'm hauling around
Be cheerful
Be grateful
Be happy

No comments: