Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Enough!

I woke up this morning, determined to do something about this constant, nagging, annoying pain. My left side is benignly quiet, just sitting there, waiting to become part of my new persona. My right is still a major obstacle to feeling well and strong. Each day I wait for the aches and cramps to lessen or abate--I've tried anti-inflammatory drugs, ice packs and breathing, and nothing works. I don't have confidence in UVA's pinched nerve theory, even though the injection of local anesthetic relieved the pain temporarily. It feels deeply muscular, and for my own peace of mind, I at least need to know that something isn't horribly wrong going on in there. And I need some relief, even if it's just something that needs more time to heal.

I can't chop with a knife, open a jar, tighten a screw or move my right arm with any strength or flexibility without problems. I find myself trying to do things with my left hand (brush teeth, slice cheese), and I'm a miserable failure at these ambidextrous attempts. Time for a second opinion from someone local.

I have an appointment in Kingsport with a turkey-hunting plastic surgeon (Bill would be so pleased) on Thursday morning. I managed to get all my records from UVA faxed, so he'll know what he's dealing with. Enough waiting already! Let's DO something!

No comments: