Sunday, December 14, 2008

Winter Wonderland and Wonderful News!

This is what I woke up to in Olympia this morning:

Pictures taken through the upstairs back and front windows at Chez Ostrander (hey! it's cold out there!):

Bill has a flight! He's arriving about an hour before my mom comes in on Wednesday morning. So not only is he coming, he's doing it conveniently. I only have to make one trip to the airport (about 50 miles north of Olympia, 10 miles south of Seattle). 

Jerry and I were joking just yesterday about the fact that Bill's flights are most always on the very worst days, at the most inconvenient times. We decided that in this scenario, Bill would come in on the same day as Aileen--only 8 to 10 hours apart, necessitating two heavy-traffic trips to Sea-Tac International on the same day.

Instead he surprises me pleasantly twice. First by making it in time for the wedding, and also by giving us an hour in the airport cell phone parking lot to ourselves, before Mom's flight arrives. At first I thought, "how nice, we'll have some time to talk." Then I realized that after he's been traveling for 26 hours, I'll most likely be talking to a snoozing husband.

I can't wait to see that sleepy guy!

1 comment:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

Aha - pretty - and now we are going to be near or above 60 today - LOL!!!!!

L, M :-)