Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bill's getting discouraged

Bill is in major stress-out mode. There are 32+ crew members who are due to be rotated out currently, and apparently, nothing is happening to reassure him that it's going to happen for him in time for the wedding. He says the mood onboard is "surly." I imagine so, with my husband being one of the surliest.

It seemed like a good plan. (Actually, you could say that about a lot of our plans over the last 27 years, that didn't exactly work out)! We figured that a window of about 3 weeks would give us enough time to get him off the boat and home. I still have hope and faith that this will come together, and I probably will continue to do so, right up until they cue the music at noon on the 21st.

The one thing I learned last year is that you can't fight reality. Yes, we will all be disappointed if Bill doesn't get home for the wedding, but in the grand scheme of things, the big picture, this is not the end of the world. There will be pictures and video of "the day," and plenty of time to be with his family, whenever he does get back.

But I am not giving up on my old man of the sea quite yet. 

1 comment:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

Crossing my fingers, toes, eyes, arms, legs, and mind in hopes that Bill gets home in time!!

L, M :-0