Friday, December 5, 2008

Juli in Oly

Juli came down on the bus yesterday, to get a rest from the nutsy pre-nuptials. Today, we have errands to run, and we'll probably indulge in that time-honored mother-daughter activity, shopping and lunch.

We'll pick up the cleaning (I'll try to be calm this time when the cash register speaks), and stop by the sewing center for an operating manual for Kellie's sewing machine, so I can finish Angela's tutu.  Juli is looking for blackout curtains for the apartment, (all the better to sleep during the day, with her nocturnal work schedule), and Linens 'n Things is going out of business. I have Fedex boxes to ship. And the requisite Walmart run, so I don't get too homesick.

Brother Jerry should be flying home this afternoon from the East Coast. Still no word on Bill's relief, but I'm hoping.  Tomorrow is our anniversary, and I'm thinking we'll have to wait to celebrate that at a to-be-determined future date.

In the meantime, I think I'll just enjoy my daughter's company today.  We'll talk about ANYTHING besides the upcoming wedding...


No comments: