Saturday, December 27, 2008

W-Minus 30:00:00

I do believe we're going to pull this off, this time. 

I took the kids back up to Seattle yesterday, and the city is starting to clear out some of their snow-mess.  I was actually able to drive up and down Queen Anne Hill (though not able to turn, park or pull off--I just stopped in the middle of the street and let Juli & Kerne out by their apartment), and West Seattle was clear enough to take Alex to work by car. In Olympia, a neighbor came and plowed the driveway, and another neighbor took it upon himself to plow the uphill entrance to the development and one lane through, so we can all get out with our front-wheel drive vehicles. It has been raining, and the temperature got above freezing for the first time in recent memory.

Last night, my mom and I prepped all the apples, par-cooked them and put them in the ice chest here, since I was not able to drop them off yesterday. Today, everything left gets transported up to Seattle including Gran, Bonnie and Angela, Bill and myself, all our clothes, all the beverages, and miscellaneous last-minute, just-thought-of-it things. And the chuppah, which Bill has modified and painted. Tomorrow, Jerry and Kellie will bring themselves, Kellie's mom, Bonnie's boyfriend Jason, and Anthony, the photographer. The "plan" has changed so many times, we're all confused, but I think that's the latest version.

I am planning on cooking a boneless pork loin roast, as the pig from Portland will most likely not arrive. The weather south of here is still awful, and Bill's friend Jun can't make the trip. This may actually be a blessing in disguise. A few days ago, another colleague of Bill's from the ship called to ask "is Jun cooking a pig?" and he wanted to know where the wedding was being held. I think we just missed having our daughter's wedding crashed by several dozen hungry Filipinos, looking for Jun's pig.

Kellie managed to get Juli's dress steamed yesterday on short notice, so that is taken care of. Who knew it was going to be so difficult to get to the cleaners because of the snow?

Now I have to go pack a bag for the hotel and start supervising the loading of our stuff, so nothing gets forgotten. 

We're on final countdown now.


2 comments:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

Thoughts and prayers being sent to you and your family for a glorious day for your daughter tomorrow.

L, M........

Hannah said...

I'm concerned...have you crashed? I hope all is ok. I miss you. When are ya'll headed back this way?