Monday, December 8, 2008

Time to start building the Chuppah

Juli and Kerne want to be married under a "chuppah," the traditional Jewish wedding canopy. Yes, I know that no one is Jewish (although Kerne's father claims some distant Jewish ancestry), but it's what they want. To rent one would cost about $500. So, we will build it ourselves instead.

Here is what a chuppah looks like:


I had planned on this being Bill's project, something to keep him busy and prevent him from freaking out before the wedding. But since he's still on the ship, I will go to Lowes today and purchase PVC pipe, fittings, primer and cement, and get started on building it myself.

Here is my big question: If no one is Jewish, and we're serving roast pig for the reception, (BIG disconnect there, notwithstanding), will God be offended? I am taking no chances on being struck by lightning--I will only construct this in the backyard when the sun is out.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

God be offended....I don't think so. He will probably have a good well-needed laugh!
H

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

I agree with Hannah!!!!!

And, once AGAIN, they should bow at your feet!!!! Do they realize what you are making sure is accomplished here?

Hang in there friend. Your friends from Rogs-Vegas miss you terribly and are routing you forward.

L, M :-)