Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Trees & More Chuppah Follies

On Sunday afternoon, Jerry's family & I went to the local Christmas Tree Farm and picked out our tree. Here are Jerry & my nieces, on a mission to find the perfect tree:


As soon as we started down the trail through the "groves", the sky opened up and rained furiously:


Undaunted by the downpour, Jerry burrowed under the chosen tree like a badger and sawed away with enthusiasm:


Pictures of the perfect Christmas tree in its appointed place in the house to follow in the future.

*****

On the chuppah front, Kerne emailed a drawing of the design that has been agreed upon for the frame:


I found fabric at Walmart for cheap:



I bought PVC pipe and fittings, primer and cement, and managed to get it all home in my little car yesterday (pipe sticking out the passenger window, tied to the side-view mirror). I do love having projects in the queue. 

I think I'd like to actually FINISH one of them, before starting on the heavy construction. Today is tutu-completion day.

No comments: