Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ol' Man Winter

The usual Washington weather (rain, rain, more rain), has reasserted itself this week. And now, snow threatens, as the temperature is predicted to drop all week, down into the teens.

Sigh. The forecast for next weekend doesn't look good either. Seattle is going to get up to a foot of snow (you heard me right), over the next 6-7 days, and Saturday before the wedding looks just awful for travel. Whoopie.

Bill's morning email said that he thinks he's going to make it for the wedding (though he notes, there is still enough time for plans to go awry). So that's good news, if still disturbingly tentative.

Today, I want to organize the "staging area" in the garage. I have food, cooking equipment, paper goods, decorations, and cleaning supplies all jumbled up in piles. I want to put boxes together and see just how much stuff needs to be transported up to Seattle this week. I need to clear a space to work on the chuppah in the garage, rather than out in the backyard in the snow.

Then, I plan to go to the movies for the afternoon, and try to clear my brain for the final push.

No comments: