Friday, December 19, 2008

High Panic Mode-Barely Controlled

More snow. And still more snow predicted for the weekend. The ability to transport the pig and the cook are now in serious doubt. I'm thinking I should have a ham stashed in the ice chest in reserve, in case the pig doesn't make the trip from Portland on Saturday.

Too much stuff and too many people to transport to Seattle (in the snow). I have asked Jerry & Kellie to take Bonnie and Angela and a van-load of beverages and stuff up to Seattle tomorrow. I don't have enough room in my car, even with multiple trips.

Chuppah too wobbly. Bill the engineer is on that job today.

Worrying about forgetting something crucial. Trying to stay relaxed. They have stores in Seattle. If I forget something, the wedding will still happen. No sense in trying to be a perfectionist here. Let's keep our perspective, shall we? This is a do-it-yourself wedding and everyone is pitching in, not looking to nit-pick or fire me. This is supposed to be fun. So, I am determined to have fun. 

I'm just going to keep pressing forward (and exercising and drinking)! And God help anyone or anything (including weather), who tries to spoil my fun!

1 comment:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

If anyone can accomplish this - you can!!!! Hang in there and BE CAREFUL on those roads......

L, M :-)