Friday, October 24, 2008

Sad Pond

It's blowing out there this morning, and looking like rain. I know I said last year was dry, but this year, it's even worse. I think it would take about a month of rain to refill the pond and rejuvenate the well:

Yes, that's a "floating dock" during the normal life of the pond. Not so much floating now. It must be awfully crowded in there for whatever remaining fish we have. The nesting box that Bill installed by untying the dock and paddling it over to the far end of the pond, can now be walked to:

All we can do is wait for nature to reassert herself--and plan on restocking the fish in the spring.

Molly and Alexandra made it safely to Houston. We had such a good time together while they were here. Here we are after our Cumberland Gap hike:

I've also posted pix on the sidebar showing our hike up to the far ridge and the fall woods in glorious color.

The bathroom project continues, despite the threat of rain today. Joe sounds like he's getting a cold, so I'm keeping my distance. This weekend, when the sun returns, I will stain and finish all the wood tongue-and-groove ceiling panels, and paint the baseboards and closet door. Then I can get started on packing everything up for the trip west. I can't believe I'm supposed to be leaving in a week. I'm kind of skeptical that the Nov. 1 estimated date of departure will hold. I'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: