Wednesday, October 29, 2008

On the way to being on the road

The details are starting to come together.

I went to the dentist this morning and came away with a perfect checkup and polished pearly whites. This is stupendous! I am at the age where there's always at least one new cavity plus usually several past restorations that are broken or getting ready to fail. To have a report of "Go and sin no more," is a rare treat.

I went and had the oil changed on the car, tires balanced and rotated, and I bought new wiper blades, Rain-X for the windshield and other travel supplies.

I found Bill's dress shoes and belt, and picked out some clothes to take or send. I am still looking for Juli's dishes--did I already send them and just forget that I did? No, they are probably lurking somewhere in the basement with everything else.

Now it's warm enough to go out and resume painting and finishing. Joe is feeling a little better, and the drywalling continues. He is a much better taper than I am, I'm happy to note.

I can see the finish line far off in the distance. Homestretch now.

No comments: