Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bathroom One-Day Delay

It's raining! Because of the rain, Joe will be a day late on starting the bathroom. He has to finish his roofing project today, and promises that he will be here at 7:30 am tomorrow morning.

No sooner did I get his call, the toilet stopped flushing. How do the machines, appliances and fixtures know this stuff? I am struck by the awesome nature of cosmic coincidence once again. So, it's back to Girl Scouting in the woods from now on. Just me and my entrenching tool, and a roll of TP stuck in my fanny pack as I hike.

I spent yesterday working out my frustrations with a wrecking bar and hammer. I pulled all the nasty rough cedar planks off the walls in the bathroom, pounded out the nails from the backside and pulled them out with pliers. I wore a dust mask. I dinged my hands a little and got more than a few splinters, but how exhilarating it was to DESTROY things to work out my medical anger.

I went online and bought some new lighting fixtures for the bathroom:


Yes, I looked everywhere locally for something clean and modern, but came up empty-handed. The only problem with shopping online is the sheer gargantuan number of pages (1 of 2,352!) of lighting fixtures one has to peruse to find something that suits. But add in free shipping, and I'm a believer!

Today I'll go over to Mo-Town and pick up the fan I ordered and the vanity, buy some Romex and outlets and switches, and some light bulbs for the new sconces.

Oh--and use their bathroom while I'm there.

1 comment:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

Ummmm, and maybe buy some work gloves, girlfriend!!!!!!!!

:-)