Monday, October 6, 2008

Oh joy, I win another dead fish!

Everytime I start to feel like I am turning a corner, someone slaps me across the kisser with a dead fish. Okay, it's not such a great metaphor, but the other one I thought of was unprintable.

I get to have still another surgery! Drum roll, please.

Having been largely ignored since my children were born, my uterus has decided to get involved in the medical free-for-all that's been going around here for the last year. So, off I go to get that biopsied on Friday.

If it's cancer again, then it's hysterectomy time. If it's clear, then I'll get to do this ultra-sound plus biopsy or D&C every six months until I get sick of it all and decide eventually to have the hysterectomy. Oh, and they want my ovaries too. Great.

I am getting a little annoyed at giving away my parts to the medicos, piece by piece. And I am very, very tired of anesthesia, hospitals, foot socks and surgerizing.

Yet, here I go again...

No comments: