Tuesday, October 28, 2008

New Date of Departure

I'm now shooting for leaving TN around November 8. That would put me in Seattle by November 15, or five weeks before the wedding. Not a lot of time, but it will have to do.

Joe is working diligently on finishing the bathroom. I am too. But today it is way too cold (40F) out there for painting, so maybe today will be devoted to finding things I need to take to Washington. Tomorrow it is slated to warm up again, so I can finish the finishing on the lumber and get the baseboards painted. Boy, my arms are tired just thinking about it.

Daughter Juli and I talked Wedding Logistics this morning. We decided on a menu, discussed party rentals like chairs, plates, flatware and champagne glasses, and remembered things like ice! Butter Pats! Cake! Sterno for steam tables! We are amateurs, trying mightily to put on a major event, and we have no idea what we are doing. We're totally faking it.

But it is very exciting. And it will be fun. Whatever details we miss will be stories to laugh about in the future. I am determined to be as laid-back as she is about all of this and to avoid becoming Bridezilla's Mother at all costs.

1 comment:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

YOU can do it - I know you can. And, just think of the blog material you'll have by the time you get back - you are coming back, aren't you???????