Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Uh-Oh...Pam discovers Hobby Lobby

I went a little nuts today after my doctor's appointment cleared me for action. MaryAnn had given me directions on how to find Hobby Lobby, and yes, regrettably, I found it.
I wandered around in a yarn-daze for about an hour before making my purchasing decisions:

I think the biggest problem is that everything was "on sale." Imagine my horror when the cash register tape read $524.30. I made the cashier go back and check every line, and apparently her fingers spasmed at some point and punched in 111 skeins at $3.99. Some sale, right? Once we got that deleted, the bill was back to the realm of a trip to the grocery store, rather than resembling my last doctor's bill.

Then it was on to Home Depot where I bought 2 bathroom sinks, a medicine cabinet and a toilet, in preparation for the bathroom remodel.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get all this plumbing paraphernalia OUT of my car. Or, I can always just drive around with it in the back, until my contractor shows up in a couple of weeks with a couple of burly helpers to unload it.

1 comment:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

I think you have made it so that every time I now go to Hobby Lobby I'll watch VERY closely when they ring up my purchase - NO MATTER the size - LOL LOL LOL.