Saturday, September 13, 2008

Migraine Blues

I spent yesterday afternoon and last night curled in a fetal position with a pillow wrapped around my head. I don't get bad headaches often, thankfully. But I am worthless when I do.

Today is better, with no painful or vision-disturbing after-effects. I wonder about headaches. What exactly is there to hurt? What triggers them? Why the psychedelic, flashing-lights side show? It's a big ol' mystery to my little brain.

Maybe it was the trip to Walmart after knitting. I was just there to pick up water and bread. I was shocked to see double rows of cars lined around the parking lot, waiting for gas (which had increased 35 cents since the day before). I didn't join the parade, but maybe all those idling vehicles gassed me as I drove by and sent my poor head into a spin? No telling.

1 comment:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

P,

I'm sorry how your day went yesterday. Hope you are feeling better today.

L, M