Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Echo Watch

Echo continues to decline. The vet believes that she is in full-blown liver failure, and there's not much we can do except support her with vitamins and hope for the best.

Dr. Skelding is going to do another liver function test on Friday morning, to see if the enzymes are on the way up or down. Either way, I think my trip to Indiana is off. If she dies this weekend, I don't want her to be alone in a strange place. Even if her liver starts working again, I'm not sure I want to put her through the stress of being boarded for the weekend. She's been my pal and my companion for many years, and my duty and desire is to be with her, no matter what the outcome.

I am once again in that place of preparing myself for the bad news, while continuing to hope for good news.

No comments: