Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hoping for good news

Today, I'm cautiously optimistic. Echo has been eating a little of the treats I've been preparing for her--a bit of scrambled egg, a bite or two of poached chicken breast. I've been sneaking the liver-support vitamins into the food--sometimes it fools her, other times she spits them out and I have to get tough and stuff them down her throat. Then she spits them out again. We do this over and over, trying to choke down four lousy tablets.

She actually went on a short walk up the backside of the mountain this morning with me. This is an excellent sign. Yesterday, she just moped in the yard, and whined to be let back into the house--not normal behavior for my outdoor girl at all. She wasn't all that perky today, but she went and stayed with me, sniffed everything and got a little exercise. I'm going to count that as progress.

Tomorrow, we'll get new liver function numbers, to see if she's getting better or worse. I'm staying in town this weekend and keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: