Monday, September 15, 2008

Happiness is a Cold Freezer!

After much sweating and pushing, groaning and shoving, backing their giant delivery truck down my treacherous driveway, the Lowes' boys have delivered to me...a freezer!





Isn't it gorgeous? It's almost a shame to fill it up with frozen stuff. But fill it I will, getting rid of the two smaller energy-hogs down in the basement, and giving me instant access to frozen food in the kitchen. Its companion, the equally beautiful all-refrigerator, is still being manufactured in Canada. It will arrive "someday," in the fullness of time.

In the meantime, getting around the kitchen is a bit of a squeeze with the despised side-by-side still taking up way too much room for the minuscule space inside. Eventually, that behemoth will go to a new home. My construction guy who is going to renovate the bathroom will take the current tub and the current fridge as partial payment for his services. Problem solved!

I levelled it, washed out the nasty plastic smell, plugged it in and stuck a thermometer in it. Two hours later, zero degrees!

I am so happy.

1 comment:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

Life really is good!!! Congrats on the freezer!!!!

L, M :-)