Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bathroom Blues

Well, phooey.

The bathroom project is delayed, according to Mr. Construction Guy. He's running late on his current project and will not be able to start on mine until Oct. 13. And even that sounds tentative. What with Molly & Alexandra coming on Oct. 20, this should be interesting. He said we could maybe switch the order of doing things--floor and plumbing first, fixtures next, walls and ceiling last--so that we aren't too inconvenienced while they are here, and hope to finish up by the time I leave around the first of November. Sigh.

In the meantime, this gives me more time to clean up and post auctions and generally get things whipped into shape around here. Although, I think I'd rather sit on my behind and knit than do more decluttering and cleaning. I'd rather do almost anything besides more of that, come to think of it.

Bill called this morning and it was great to hear his voice. His boss, the Chief Engineer, told him that he was going to contact the home office and tell them to give Bill a promotion, to make him either a 1st Assistant or Chief Engineer. That's always nice to hear. He is almost half-done with his time on the ship now, and he can start counting off the days on the "downhill" side of his tour. I miss him, but there's no point in dwelling on it. He's working and we're thankful for that.

So, on with my day. It's pretty gloomy out there this morning, and I'm hoping for rain. My stuffy nose this morning says I might even get that wish.

No comments: