Monday, March 17, 2008

Satellite Redux

Today, the ongoing problems with the internet satellite will hopefully be resolved. According to Billy, who inspected everything on Friday, the satellite was never installed properly to begin with--wrong location, wrong type of cable, wrong everything. The workmen are supposed to show up early this morning and do everything right this time. We shall see, I have my doubts...

This of course happens smack dab in the middle of printing postage labels, managing auction wins and other chores where the computer is my lifeline. I can hope that it will take them a brief visit to make it all right, but my experience with them in the past colors that hope--I won't be surprised if they shake their heads and tell me they have to go get another part, or throw up their hands and tell me they'll come back still another day. In the meantime, I'm still stuck in the land of frustrating dial-up. If you're getting a busy signal on the phone, that's where I am--waiting for something to download. Try the cell...

No comments: