Saturday, March 8, 2008

Doing fine this morning...

I suppose I could blame the anesthesia, for there is always a bit of amnesia after every procedure I go through. Already, I can't remember my last thought before going under, or recall waking up in recovery yesterday. General anesthesia is like a time-blink; one minute I'm there, and the next minute, I'm somewhere else. All of yesterday was pretty foggy, thanks to the pharmaceuticals.

I slept comfortably and deeply, until 5 this morning. I can lever myself upright without help, which is a major difference from the last surgeries--and a good thing that is, it would have been very embarrassing to have to call MaryAnn to come help me get out of bed! It didn't occur to me that I might have trouble, and I didn't. I have very little pain, only intense "itching and prickling" in the center of my chest.

As yet, I don't know what the results will be, as I am completely gauzed up, and exhorted to just leave everything alone. I will go to Kingsport on Monday afternoon for the "unveiling." At least it's just soft gauze, and not the ridiculous mega-ace bandages I've had to wrestle with after the past surgeries.

I am moving about very slowly, but only because I want to be careful. Another couch day is planned.

No comments: