Thursday, November 8, 2007

Two steps forward, one step back

First, good news: I actually slept more than 6 hours last night, and went a full 12 hours between doses of painkillers--I felt good enough to sleep right through and I just forgot to take more.

Bad news: I woke up with swelling in my left underarm, presumably lymphedema, probably from not having my arms elevated during the "long" night. Very uncomfortable. Something to be avoided in future, for sure.

I laid back down on the couch, being careful to prop my left elbow up against the back cushions, allowing gravity to do its deed. When I woke again at 8, the swelling had alleviated--no more big bad lumpiness under the arm. Must remember this!

Off to the doctor this morning, more drugs please!

1 comment:

terry said...

It was great talking to you yesterday. I'm sorry to hear about your swelling but glad it's better. Your sleeping 6 hours reminds me of Katie's baby...the big morning conversation in our house is how long the baby slept {not to be confused with the later-in-the-day conversation about the consistency of his stool!) My, how limited my life has become! Terry