Sunday, November 11, 2007

Could it be???

Are my abs actually getting stronger? I woke in the night and did my usual flop-around thing, wondering whether to wake Bill to have him shove me to an upright position. But this morning, I thought about it for awhile, extended my arms, and sat UP! Wow! Progress at last. I still wasn't able to put any weight on my arms, so those stomach muscles must be getting~gasp~a workout for the first time in 6 years?

I also woke without pain for the first time in short-term memory. The surgical swelling is going down at last, I can feel the pressure of the temporary implants, but I can also feel the hard edges of them under the skin for the first time. So, just pressure (like an underwire bra), but no actual ouch!

I took a look in the bathroom mirror and my saran-wrap dressings are starting to degrade too. I must have exceeded their shelf-life. Getting better! Wowee!

I'm keeping good thoughts for news on Monday--that radiation won't be needed, that I'll be able to keep my appointment on Wednesday for the permanent silicone implant exchange. MaryAnn says that those who have been through this say that it's such a relief to get the softer implants--the saline filled expanders (like I have now) are known as " the baseballs," and indeed, that's sort of what they look and feel like--having two baseballs under the skin on your chest. I wonder how I'm going to restrain myself from wanting to show these newbies off to everyone I know (maybe anticipating their looks of horror will deter me from this type of exhbitionist behavior)!

I feel great this morning! (I know, I know, mustn't overdo...)

3 comments:

terry said...

Pam, congratulations on your excellent progress! As far as showing off your "newbies" - hey, it's your blog and let's face it, after what you've been through, you deserve to show them off. So, post away!

Pam Sink said...

Ack, Ack, er...no!
Actually, Bill & I were talking about whether I like the size they are, now that I'm not in constant pain. Part of the deal was that I'd get to "road test" the temps and decide if I wanted smaller, bigger, whatever. Bill just said, "Hey! I've got an idea--we'll post pix and let everyone on the blog vote!"

(right now, he's at the laundromat doing wash for pennance for that errant thought)!

I think we'll just let modesty & decorum continue to rule in this case....

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

I've got to tell you - I'm running around like crazy before tomorrow's surgery. I posted on my blog, read and caught up on email and thought - OH - I need to catch up on Pam's blog. AND, just when I needed it most - I got a good laugh!!!!!!!