Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Reconstruction Done!

In to surgery at 3:30, woke up around 5:15, was at the All-You-Can-Eat Wood Grill Buffet by 6:15, pigging out at the salad bar and telling the roast beef carver "more, more!" Sometimes I don't even believe myself.

Not only do I look and feel "fahbulous, dahling!" tonight, but they also gave me a little card with my implant serial numbers on it. I apparently now belong to the Bionic Boobs Club, and this is my secret membership decoder card. The despised tubes are gone, I'm wrapped in elastic like a breast-bound Flapper Girl from the 1920s, and I'm thinking I might even have the luxury of sleeping on my side tonight (with propping pillows, of course). Wow, it is so great to be done with this part.

I get to shower in 4 days (Sunday), then need to be back here on Tuesday, Nov. 27 for stitches removal. I will also try to bundle my final appointments with Dr. Brenin's crew for that day too, maybe an oncologist consult as well. Much research to do in the meantime, and we're still trying for a copy of that path report too.

Home to Tennessee tomorrow, and on to continued recovery.

No comments: