Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Good Dreamless Sleep

Cold, gray, rainy, gloomy, misty drive yesterday. I slept almost all the way in little bits and pieces of about 20-30 miles per nap. For awhile, Bill was playing our Spanish lesson CDs, and I'd wake up, respond to something in Spanish, and go right back to sleep! We were both pretty cranky, sore and tired when we got in around 6.

We watched a very funny movie called Free Enterprise after a pickup dinner of cold cuts, salads and snacks. For old sci-fi fans, this movie is a hoot, featuring every geek you knew in high school & college, plus William Shatner playing himself as producer of a 6-hour musical version of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar. We laughed so hard that the dogs and the parrot became aggitated.

I slept straight through until about 5, and was able to have my one cup of black coffee before 6 am. I think this is so amazingly wonderful--if your surgery is in the afternoon, they now let you have your morning coffee!

This afternoon, we go to a new facility, the Outpatient Surgery Clinic, rather than the big University Hospital--I might even see someone new for a change.

For now, I think I'll go back to bed and snooze some more. We have nothing that needs to be done other than walk the dog this morning, and show up for more surgery at 1:40 PM. I can't wait to be done with these tubes and "temps."

No comments: