Thursday, November 15, 2007

Home again at last!

Rainy leaving Charlottesville this morning, cold and snow flurries in the Southwest Virginia mountains, sunshine in TN. Gosh, I love this place! We took our time, because I was uncomfortable being seated for more than an hour or two at a time. The big elastic bandage kept digging underneath, pinching and chafing, so we would stop to adjust me, walk, use the restroom, eat, look at Harleys and gun stores, and then finally I gave up in Kingsport and made Bill stop at the Walmart. He went to get the car gassed up, I went in and grabbed a handful of assorted sports bras in various strengths and sizes, and 45 minutes later, we are home at last. Ah! Relief at last to get that hospital-supply torture device removed and into something more reasonably comfortable and supportive!

It stormed heavily here last night and turned cold today, and the pond looks just slightly fuller. Hopefully, we will get more rain tonight, perhaps even some snow if it gets cold enough. (It won't last--the sun will come out and melt it before breakfast).

We now have 12 days before another trip to remove stitches and do post-op checks. I am so pleased with the results so far, and look forward to continuing to recover my strength slowly at home where I am most comfortable.

No comments: