Saturday, August 16, 2008

Running...and I can't keep up

It's either feast or famine here in the activity department. I feel like I haven't even been home at all this week (it looks it, too). Echo is suffering from attention deprivation, the garden is sprinting rampant across its borders and I miss being here on my mountain.

But work, paid work, calls. I've been painting, painting, cleaning and painting. I've been showing the houses, schmoozing and screening prospective tenants, driving to Walmart for supplies, and driving back again to replace all the wrong things I got. So this is what it's like to have a job. Sheesh. It's a wonder anyone has time for it.

I took the morning off. Echo and I went for a walk. The blackberries are almost gone, it's hardly worth the time to pick them for the amount I'm getting. The beans are finally starting to dry up, but the summer squash is coming on big time, and even the okra is showing signs of producing some pods in the near future. I'll bet I could even grow yams and peanuts here, if I were so inclined; the growing season is long enough.

But now, it's back to work. I'm showing one house at 11, and then it's off to the other to paint the bathrooms today. Then, one more bedroom and the utility room, and I'm done.

Then I can get back to my real life, unemcumbered by annoying things like working for a living.

1 comment:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

Man - you wear me out!!!!! I think I like my quiet 3 day a week office with it's 2 windows - whew - slow that turning world down!!!!

;-)