Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Exclamations!

EMPTY! It's unbelievable, but the living room is CLEAR (except for the monster sofas, they're not going anywhere). The room has not been this devoid of stuff since we moved in, almost 3 years ago. I am all ready for Carpet-Cleaning Man to do his magic this morning, both of Ray's houses are rented as of yesterday afternoon, and I actually have two minutes to rub together again. Of course, the laundry has been piling up while I've been getting everything else done, the clean-up uncovered a ton of detritus that needs to find a home, and so a whole new list of chores will have to be compiled today.

RAIN! It rained all day yesterday, a gentle and steady downpour. The news last night said that Rogersville got about 1.5" which won't cure the drought, but maybe the fish in the puddle (formerly: pond) will start to be a little happier.

AUTUMN! When I returned home from the lease-signing yesterday at 3:45 pm, the poplar tree leaves had turned yellow and started falling off in my absence. It happened that fast, in the space of about two hours. Fall has started. Makes me want to put on some camo and go shoot something. Well, not really, but if Bill were home, he'd be cleaning guns today.

ECHO, STOP SCRATCHING! She's also kicked into autumn mode, scratching herself constantly. In the fall, I can't keep a collar on her because the jingle of the tags keeps me awake at night while she worries her skin to death. I got out the steroids and started her on her fall medicine regimen. Maybe this means she'll stop shedding. Hope springs eternal.

THINGS TO LOOK FORWARD TO! Refrigerator and freezer delivery (when? I need to call today), then the long-anticipated bathroom renovation in mid-late September. I have been flirting with the idea of not putting in a tub, going with a double, walk-in shower instead. Bill complains that every house in America has a tub, but I remain stubbornly (what else is new?) resistant. There isn't enough room for both, and I find tubs dangerous and annoying to get in and out of. For the rare times that we'd need a tub, (washing kids, washing dog), we could put a kiddie pool on the floor of the shower, couldn't we? Or a hot tub in the back yard? Shall we do an informal poll? Post your comments and let me know what you think: would you buy a house that didn't have a bathtub?

2 comments:

Ashley said...

We have a wonderfully deep garden tub in our master bathroom and seeing that when we were looking at houses made me want it even more...I LOVE taking baths though so it's all a matter of preference I think :)

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

Hmmm, a warm, soaky bath when you don't feel good with a cup of tea on the side and maybe a good book or a soothing radio - gee, I think I would want a tub!!!! BUT, that's just my opinion.

Wow, sounds like you are being super productive - I envy your energy. See ya in a couple of days.

Love, M :-)