Monday, August 4, 2008

I can cable!

When MaryAnn told me "you can do this!" I was skeptical. But I took a moment yesterday afternoon to rip out the boring stockinette scarf I was working on, got out the instructions for cabling and buckled down to learn it.

Hooray! She was right! I can cable!



It's like a whole new world in knitting. A pattern that is easy enough to do in the car, but interesting enough to keep me going. Yes, I have to drag around 3 needles instead of just two, but it's a small inconvenience compared to the results. This is so cool! (And you were right, MaryAnn, thank you!)

Today is a busy Monday. I need to give Bill his back-to-work haircut. Then we are off to Johnson City to get his TB test read. Then a lunch date at Carraba's (I have one of their cookbooks, entitled Ciao, Y'all, so I assume it's Italian cuisine, Southern-style). Then an eye appointment for Bill, and picking out new glasses. We need to find some mosquito netting for the rain barrels. Then home to do the final walk-through with Ray's tenants.

It's going to be another one of those days. But since Bill will be driving and I have a new project, I will be happily cabling without complaint. Bring it on, busy Monday.

1 comment:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

Boy, it's just like I ALWAYS say - You NEVER know what a day will bring!!!! Little did you know how the day would end. Please give our "Well Wishes" to Bill, "Bon Voyage" and all that - does that work for a Merchant Marine? Hope so - well, he'll know what we mean.

L, M ;-)