Thursday, August 14, 2008

Puddles under the fridge

My refrigerator has a bladder control problem. I've been researching it half-heartedly on the 'net, trying to figure out why there's a pool of water on the kitchen floor each morning, creeping out from under the detested fridge. But the truth is, I want this appliance to just expire quietly.

So, I will paint again this morning (does this qualify as aerobic exercise?), come home and shower, and then trek to Morristown to see Stacy at Lowes about a new fridge, with an eye to its imminent arrival. I thought I knew what I wanted last week, but now that a decision actually has to be made (and backed up with real dollars), I want to be sure I'm choosing the correct one. I can barely contain my glee.

Painting went well yesterday. I managed to cut-in the living room, hallway and one bedroom, and roll on the living room top coat, before I decided to call it quits. Ray sent me to Walmart with the checkbook, and I shopped for lightbulbs, toilet seats, doorknobs and shower curtains. I think you have to be pretty desperate tenants to steal those things when you leave a place, but there it is. I see why Bill says he never wants to be a landlord. The good news is that I think we have both places rented, hopefully with non-light-fingered tenants, with move-ins within the next 2-3 weeks. This is huge.

Today, I will paint trim, or clean the kitchen walls, or do whatever needs to be done for a few hours and then head out for some rampant consumer spending. Whoo-ha!

1 comment:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

As you head to Morristown, I'm heading in the opposite direction - Kingsport. I'm searching for the sale of the century - ha ha, as well as sneaking over to Wal Mart in Colonial Heights to study and yes, buy, wooden knitting needles. Their supply of needles and yarn is mind boggling.

Good luck on the fridge hunt - I know you will pick out what is best.

L, M :-)