Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Rainy day napping...

My appointments went well this morning, but I came home and collapsed anyway, and spent the rest of the day dozing on the couch with Echo, who also slept.

Dr. Huddleston has scheduled my surgery for a week from Friday, an encapsulotomy to loosen the "Iron Maiden" feel, and correct the cosmetic cleavage defects from the original reconstruction. He says the surgery should take about an hour. MaryAnn will be my surrogate Mom for this procedure, and drive me over and back--thank you!

Dr. DaSilva offered Effexor to mitigate the hot flashes, night sweats and depression. For the moment, I want to avoid adding another medication to my profile. I don't want to get into the cycle of taking one drug, then another drug to treat the side effects of the first drug, then another to treat the side effects of the second, then another, etc. I've seen this happen way too often at the pharmacy, and told him I wanted to continue to monitor my reaction to the tamoxifen for another 3 months before considering more.

No comments: