Wednesday, February 13, 2008

On hold with the IRS...Strauss & Mozart

The Internal Revenue Service is trying mightily to woo the public, if my morning phone call is offered as evidence. The recorded messages were not too annoying. The hold music selections were The Blue Danube and Eine Kleine Nachtmusik (and don't I just feel so smug that I know that)! Everyone who answered the phone stated their full name and employee number first, and spoke in tones usually reserved for members of the mental health professions. They...were...all...so...calm.

As usual, the fates gave me an agent with an Indian accent, so I had to keep asking her to slow down and repeat everything, and I eventually got the information I needed. I don't owe extra tax, but I do have to file two more obnoxious and confusing forms.

It's starting to snow and I'll be losing my internet connection soon, so it's back to wrestling with the taxes.

1 comment:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

Another Indian voice? Did you or she start bouncing off the wall - was that how the story went when I told you my experience with "THE INDIAN VOICE"?

Stay warm...........M :-)