Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Tired of Waiting

I woke up at 4:30 this morning. As usual, my first conscious waking thought was "I have cancer." I am so tired of thinking the same thought every morning. It's boring.

I was able to get back to sleep for once, and when I woke up again at 8, my first thought was, "I'm hungry." Progress, I guess.

However unseemly it is, Bill and I have planned an adventure for our trip up to Virginia on Sunday. Instead of slogging up I-81 as usual, we're packing a picnic and taking the scenic route up the Blue Ridge Parkway. As Bill said, "Even if I was taking you to the gallows, I'd take you via the scenic route." Hardly an apt comparison, but a valid sentiment. The autumn colors should be at their peak, the dog will have plenty of opportunities for sniffing and marking new territory, and we'll be off the interstate with all its speed and trucks.

There are still many things that need to be done, but we're short-timing it now. It seems silly to say that I'm eager to get started, but it's the truth. I'm tired of waiting and worrying about what the future will bring. I'd just as soon get started on the future, whatever it holds.

1 comment:

terry said...

i love that husband of yours!