Thursday, October 4, 2007

Rainy day thoughts

I woke up at 4 am to the sound of RAIN on the roof! I wanted to run outside and dance in it--instead, I grabbed a towel, took a shower AND ran the dishwasher! What luxury!

People here say this is the driest year anyone can remember. I'm glad (once again) that I spent the summer traveling, for if I had stayed, we would have run the well dry 2 months ago. A quick look at weather.com brought even better news--three to four days of steady rain is forecast for next week. Maybe I'll even get to do laundry (imagine me looking forward to doing laundry)?

I feel very good this morning, full of energy and able to move my arms freely again. We have a few days to be "normal" before psyching up again for next week's continuing saga. Still, I am a mite resentful today. I think that of all the things I am resentful about, the loss of the "normal life" I had is the hardest to work through. I know I have to just get over that and get on with it, but it still ticks me off that THIS is what my life is about now.

In my weaker moments, I am a whiner. It's not so much "why me?" as "why now?" (as if there would be a better time)?

I already know the answer. There is no answer. You play the hand you're dealt, and you do it without snivelling, please. Stow the drama, bring it on. And in the meantime, be thankful for water falling out of the sky at last.

1 comment:

The Texas Bluebonnet said...

Congrats on the no-lymph-involvement result of the scan. That is good news!

You know you are allowed to have a good snivel, feel-sorry day. Then have a cookie and get on with it!