Sunday, October 28, 2007

And so it begins...

One of my calendars says that today is the end of Daylight Savings Time. Another says it is next week. This is a small problem, but I think it means that someone isn't paying attention to the ultimate consequences of a global economy. When people in far-away countries publish and produce our calendars, are chaos and tyranny far behind? I'm going with the one that says "Printed in the U.S.A." and shooting for next Sunday for the clock change.

The floor is ready, the house is clean, the bags are packed. When the sun comes up, we will pack the car and go. I have decided that I am not coming home next week without breasts, I am coming home without cancer. Small difference, big difference? It doesn't really matter. There is no point in worrying about anything, because the future is already written and it's marching along with or without my intervention or control. For now, I am at peace with whatever has to be done, whatever comes next. Que sera, and all that.

No comments: