Friday, July 31, 2009

A Penitent's Supper

After two days of virtuous eating and rigorous exercise, I have lost ONE of the offending FOUR pounds I gained as a result of Tuesday night's pig-out.

This has been my life since my fall from grace:


Nice salad, right? Lots of fiber, lots of veggies--broccoli, beets, tomatoes, cukes, corn, pea pods--what's not to like? Looks good enough to eat. So I did.

Happy tyranny of the beans! I'm pleased to report the little darlings just keep on coming:

Forty minutes of picking and thirty minutes of cleaning, blanching and ice-bath shocking yielded these good babies, ready for the freezer:

And here's to poblano pepper joy! Ten minutes under the broiler to blacken the skins, then steaming until cool enough to peel and take the seeds out:

I am eating well this summer. I am putting up provisions for the fall. I'm feeling mighty smug these days.

No comments: