Monday, February 9, 2009

Taxes? Again?

I'm always astonished when tax time rolls around again. Didn't I just do all this nonsense last month? No, it's been a year, and it's time to pay the voracious government its tithe.

I am so incensed at the drunken-sailor-spending-spree in Washington (actually an insult to drunken sailors everywhere), I have contemplated sending a note this year, instead of my tax return:

Dear IRS and Your Buddies in Congress:

We are so disappointed in you, and your profligate squandering of last year's allowance. Until you mend your evil ways, we are cutting you off. If you want to continue your irresponsible spending, you'll just have to get a real job and pay for it out of your own pocket, like we do. We are taking away your credit cards, and we expect you to do your chores diligently and without complaint. Until you stop wasting our hard-earned money, you are on your own. When you show that you can act like adults, then we will consider treating you as such. We've talked it over and decided that if you behave this year, we will consider reinstating your allowance next year.

After all, if Geithner, Daschle and the rest of Obama's cabinet wannabes don't pay their taxes, why should I? It seems to be a prerequisite for getting a job in the new administration. Maybe if I send them this note, I can get a job as the new Secretary of the Interior?

**********************************************

Bill arrived safely at his dad's house in Illinois last night.

No comments: