Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Coinkidinks

I often wonder when I see incongruous couples, what made them get together? You know the people I'm talking about--not the "what does she ever see in HIM?" types, but the ones who are perfectly wonderful on their own but wildly different than their spouse.

Bill and I fit into this category, I think. We live separate lives for much of the year, spend an inordinate amount of time arguing rather than agreeing, and have very divergent interests and hobbies.

Here then, are the reasons we are together:

My mother was born on Valentine's Day. His mother's maiden name is Valentine.
We both had an Uncle Luther who had only one eye.
My great-grandfather Ed and his Uncle Ed both had a wooden leg.

I mean, what are the chances?

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Ok, here goes...
1.My paternal grandmother's name was Thelma VALENTINE. (She was born on Feb. 14th)
2. I had an Uncle Ez who had one leg amputated-no wooden leg though-however, he did have a great sense of humor and told us a joke when he had to have the other leg amputated that the man across the hall from him in the nursing home wanted to buy his shoes.....

Think these things brought 'us' together!?!?! Whatever the reason, I'm glad to call you and Bill friends!

hmg

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

OK Pam and Hannah - I can hardly post for laughing at both of you - I mean, ARE YOU BOTH FOR REAL???? GEE, I don't honestly know where I fit in to this wild and wacky puzzle of friends, but I'm glad I'm in there, somewhere?!?!?

Love you guys, M ;-)