Saturday, January 3, 2009

Snowshoeing in Oregon

Bill, Joann and I went snowshoeing today up in the Cascades, east of Eugene, up on the Williamette Pass. What fun! The scenery was fantastic, the air was fresh and invigorating, and the thrill of learning a new skill (without too much fuss or learning curve), couldn't be beat.




And to think I lived in Corinth, NY all those years (the "Snowshoe Capital of the World") and never did this. D'oh!
Tomorrow, we will brave the mountain passes (we bought chains today) and go to Ray & Elaine's place, near Sacramento. It will be a long day, but we've been promised homemade New Year's Tamales. I can't think of a better incentive for getting to our destination.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Hey, girlfriend! Sounds like you are milking this trip! Good for you. I'm so glad you had room in the car for Bill and Echo. I was beginning to wonder.
BTW-you, Mary Ann and Angie have a new sister 'blogger'. I just finished setting mine up! If you want to know the address, let me know. Hugs to you, Bill and Echo.
Hannah
BTW- tell Ray "howdy".

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

P,

What an adventurous you have become? Wow - where are the snowshoeing pics?

And, H - of course I want the link - how could I not?!?!?

Be careful on your ongoing trip, P!!!

L, M :-)