Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"Home Again" in San Pedro

The house my mother lives in is the house I grew up in. It is the house where Bill and I lived when we were first married; where daughter Juli was labored and almost born; where we have always come to to be with family, in happiness and in crisis.

It not only feels like "coming home," it is exactly like a salmon coming back to its birthing stream, after years of wandering the big ocean. I know the way without even thinking about it, and it is so familiar as to be part of my unconscious.







We will only be here a day, to help mom with a few things and have a short visit. Then it's back on the highway, headed east, for our "other" home, the one where we actually live and still are getting used to.

5 comments:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

PLEASE take pictures there!!!!!

L, M ;-)

Hannah said...

Enjoy your time with your mom. I wish I could be with mine. I have a feeling that your pond will be filling up with all the rain we have had. Looks like we might get some of the white stuff 2nite! :-)
It's very windy and turning colder.
Tell you mother that I look forward to meeting her when she comes this way. Get ready to meet with MaryAnn and me when you get home. We miss you, sister!
Hugs to all,
Hannah

Sue Monica said...

Hi Pam & Bill,

The pictures are wonderful...thanks for sharing. I always enjoyed the family events that were successful despite the odds. They fill our futures with lots of stories and laughter, much more so than if they went off without a hitch. Congratulations to all!

Love,

Sue Monica

Sue Monica said...

Hi Pam & Bill,

The pictures are wonderful...thanks for sharing. I always enjoyed the family events that were successful despite the odds. They fill our futures with lots of stories and laughter, much more so than if they went off without a hitch. Congratulations to all!

Love,

Sue Monica

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

Gosh, I'm glad I went back - I didn't realize you went back and added pictures!!! How far do I need to go?!?!? The street that your Mom lives on looks beautiful. I'll email her and tell her it's as beautiful as her!!!!!!

L, M ;-)