Saturday, January 31, 2009

Miracle Drug?

I went ahead and filled the script for the anti-depressant, fervently hoping that it would indeed mitigate the increasing, interminable, unbearable hot flashes. I took the first pill on Thursday, another last night, and am astonished to note I have had only 2 very mild, 30-second heats in the last 48 hours. Can it really work that fast and effectively?

I am on the lookout for side effects that the doctor said could be significant in the first two weeks of use. I had a killer headache yesterday, (probably due to the fact that I forgot to eat), but it went away quickly. Other than that, there's just a weird sense of not having hot flashes several times per hour. I guess I had gotten so used to being wildly and constantly uncomfortable, that feeling "normal" is strange.

How wonderful it is to sleep under covers again! It's great to be able to wear a sweater! (I'm assuming that my euphoria today is due to the ability to regulate my own body temperature again, and not just because of the real purpose of the "happy pill"). I'll continue to monitor, but this is AMAZING!

1 comment:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

OK - if it also makes you forget to eat - I want to take those. Gosh, I'd be skinny and happy - LOL!!!!!!