Friday, January 16, 2009

Knitting Class Reunion Day

Today, I get to return to knitting class/group, in its new venue, the Rogersville Library. I have missed my yarn-buddies, and can't wait to catch up on everyone's doings while I was away. I feel a little under-prepared though, as I only have a half-finished baby blanket that I started for the express purpose of keeping my nerves at bay, while Bill took the wheel on our trip home.

It seems that all of a sudden, my friends from New York are expecting grand-babies this spring. Anita's daughter Amy is due next month, while Linda's daughter Amy, and daughter-in-law, also named Amy, are both expecting within days of each other in May. If your name is Amy, I suggest you do a pregnancy test immediately!

Here in Tennessee, MaryAnn is also an expectant grandmother. Her daughter Ashley, who lives in Virginia, is also having a baby girl soon, but I'm having a brain-freeze as to exactly when. I'll hopefully find out today when that knitting project is due, even if it means subjecting myself to mild derision for having a middle-aged, forgetful brain.

When I'm in doubt as to what kind of project to start, I'll knit a baby blanket--it's sure to find a home quickly. And I love making the matching tiny hats, as I did for my doctor. They are fast, and incredibly cute.

Am I ready to be a granny? Not quite. I'm still recovering from just being mother-of-the-bride, thank you so very much. I do have that "Awwww!" visceral response when I see a new baby or an especially cute toddler, but then I mentally slap myself and get a grip. I can wait patiently for those future blessings. Really.

*****

Thanks to all readers who provided Tire Counseling yesterday. I'm all set. One of mine was deemed to be a "Manufacturer's Defect," so I got a full refund on that one, plus $43 and change back on each of the other 3. Bill is very impressed, never having had any luck getting anything back on a tire warranty. I have four new tires, rated at 80,000 miles. I'm hoping to get 40K out of them, and then it'll be time to buy new tires again. Oh, joy.

2 comments:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

P,

I think I forgot to tell you that I would not be there today to knit. I wasn't there last Friday and I may, just may, have to work next Friday, soooooooooo, whatever the date of the NEXT Friday is.....hopefully I'll be there. Please let me know how it went so I can post on the blog.

Thanks - L, M

Ashley said...

May 8th is my due date :) Glad you all made it back safely - I enjoyed reading about your cross-country trip and wedding fun!