Saturday, June 7, 2008

Knit, Knit, Knit


Well, that was some fun at knitting class yesterday. I learned some new tricks, got cured of some bad, self-taught habits and met some nice people as well. This will give my week a bit of structure, and get me out of Bill's hair at least once a week for the summer.

Hot, it's been beastly hot and worrisomely dry. We need relief, preferably in the form of a week-long rain, to refill the creek and pond, and cool things off. Still, I'd rather have 2 months of unbearable heat instead of 7 months of interminable winter up north.

I've decided to make optimism my default position. Call it Scarlett O'Hara Syndrome, but I'm just going to think about everything "tomorrow" when I get grumpy or distraught. That will be my personal anti-depressant.

No comments: