Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hat! Cherries! Rain!

Never a dull moment around here. I spent the morning in knitting class learning what to do with the beginnings of my first hat:




And I spent the afternoon dealing with 6 quarts of cherries picked yesterday from Ray's tree:



I made Billy Boy his obligatory Cherry Pie ("Watch out for the pits I missed!"), and fussed after supper with the scary and dreaded "Double-Pointed Knitting Needles" for narrowing and finishing the hat. With eleventy-billion stitches to go, I finally gave up and went to bed, thoroughly exhausted from the day's excitement. What a wimp.

MaryAnn has graciously started a blog, with live-action photos, for our knitting group at http://www.knittingsoulstogether.blogspot.com/ . See the Amazing Casting On! See the Incredible Dropped Stitch! Don't miss the Fantastic Dishcloth Marathon! I know. We are just too much.

And blessings from above: it just started to rain as I typed this! Yeah! Come on rain!

No comments: